Charging Bull Elephant- Chobe Game Park,Botswana,Majestic Lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging Bull Elephant- Chobe Game Park,Botswana,Majestic Lion

Thought I'd show these as they were grab shots. The sidesways photo of the elephant was before he charged our 4x4 landrover and the driver had to take off quite fast- a scary experience. All photos taken last year (Nov 2009) with Canon 350d, EF75mm-300mm USM iii lens, 100mm-200mm, f5.6 & 1/300sec. No change to ISO
    Attached Files
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Charging Bull Elephant- Chobe Game Park,Botswana,Majestic Lion

Any observations on the above 3 photos good or bad will be very welcome. These were grab shots and I hadn't got used to the idea of using multiple shots with my digital 350d as I was still basically a film cameraman and shooting one frame at a time. I hadn't got round the idea that with a DSLR one could take several frames at no extra cost!!!!!! I know I will do it differently now that I am getting more familiar with the DSLR mindset!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Hi Nathaniel;

Accepting that these are 'grab shots', I'm really not sure what you're expecting by way of commentary...

All appear to be 'soft' at best, and OOF at worst! With a moving target, you need to be using Servo AF at least - even if you're only on one-shot...

Of the 3, the profile (#2) with a bit of adjusting for shadows & contrast, works better in B&W... As it is, it does nothing for me in reality - sorry!
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi Nathaniel.

In terms of composition, are you pleased with these ?

Millie

Comment

Do keep the comments coming. I agree that I should have used Servo AF and as for composition, I don't think I can say that I am satisfied. With the charging bull elephant I don't think I could have done anything other than to shout (with the others) to the driver to "drive off"! I could have done better with profile 2 & 3 with a bit more patience. The botttom line is it was my first major foray with a DSLR. I am sure with all the information I have now gathered via the expert TOGS through the forum, I can only do better. Hope so!!!!!!!
          Last edited by Nathaniel; 16-02-2010, 20:03.

Comment

Working...
          X