Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red squirel

BM1K0040 by R MAURINS, on Flickr
    Just cropped a bit of the rubbish off the shot, no editing done. First short trip out to test my new toy.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: Red squirel

A nice pose but it all looks a big flat, soft and noisy, perhaps not too surprising as you say you have done no editing

With a bit of post processing you could probably make it into quite a nice shot

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Cheers Stan, to be honest it's down at the local hide and there's feeders everywhere. Plan is to go off piste as it were and get some wilder looking locations, just working out how the camera works to start with, then I may well have to get some software sorted.

Comment

here ya go burnie just tidied it up a bit for you ,as i only had a smallish j.peg to work with its not as good as a raw file ,got the paracetamol ready LOL
        Attached Files

Comment

That's great Jeff, you'll have to give me an idiots guide to what you did there and with what. A dull day for the most part, it was getting on in the afternoon and the sun was going, so just trying things and finding my way round the controls.

Comment

Tom

Comment

After Jeffs handy work its a nice shot, well done
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Cheers lads for the comments, it was all a bit dash out and take some shots kinda trip, I have some magnificent locations up here in Scotland and I'm sure I can only get better, off hunting for software next.

Comment

Repost has really lifted it. Nicely shot.

Scott
                  www.scotttilleyphotography.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Scott, I do a bit of painting as well as photographing stuff, think I have an eye, just don't yet know how to use the camera properly and next to no idea about processing, I never processed my own film back in the day.

Comment

If I can learn p.s in my late 60's I,m sure you can to ,ask and there's always help on here if you want to find out how to do a job 25 different ways that is LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X