Fallow Buck First post via flikr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallow Buck First post via flikr

Hope it`s all gone well . Please let me know how it looks and if I need to change anything on my flikr account regarding copyrights ect . Hope you like my first post via flikr .

[IMG]IMG_7064 by Mark Powter, on Flickr[/IMG]

Re: Fallow Buck First post via flikr

It works for me Mark and you have reserved your copyright on the site too.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Oh Cheers Tony , much appreciated . Think it`s got a bit more going for it than Photobucket .
      Last edited by Lepus; 20-10-2016, 22:26.

Comment

All Rights Reserved You, the copyright holder, reserve all rights provided by copyright law, such as the right to make copies, distribute your work, perform your work, license, or otherwise exploit your work; no rights are waived under this license.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Brilliant , thanks again Tony .

Comment

Looks all o.k to me ,make sure before you upload to Flickr your pic is only 1024 pixels on the longest edge ,this also helps with copy theft also when downloading from there choose 1024 as the size ,another reason is if you upload a larger file size Flickr alters it to fit .
            Now your on there mark ,join a few groups that suit your subject matter and post your pics in them add a few people as contacts that comment on your photos and it gradually grows on you .its a great way to find out if your ideas work or not ,sometimes I have thought a photo was rubbish but the viewers loved it .
            Also don't get over obsessed with photo theft on there about two million photos a day get uploaded to Flickr ,my own personal pages run at over 5000 photos

Comment

A cracking shot and well worth the wait.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

that looks good but just a couple of points

You have a couple of halos appearing, round the stag head and the tree, which might just be due to the download from flickr and it looks like you have applied sharpening to the whole image rather than just the subject. Cant remember if you are using photoshop but if so all you need to do is make a duplicate layer, apply your sharpening and then add a layer mask and paint out those areas you don't want to be affected

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words and advice , I have much to learn I know . The whole image was sharpened , and I can see how what your saying Stan might improve it , thank you .

Comment

The whole image was sharpened
                    it is really the opposite of using noise reduction where you only apply it to the background and not your subject. With sharpening you only ever sharpen your subject and not the background. With both you just sharpen or use NR on a duplicate layer and then use a layer mask to restrict the effect
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Lovely scene Mark but the Stag looks a little dark for me , I would have lifted the shadows on the subject a little
                      Steve ( LSINWP )
                      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawesy View Post
                        Lovely scene Mark but the Stag looks a little dark for me , I would have lifted the shadows on the subject a little
                        +1. Otherwise a lovely shot.
                        Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

as stan says ,if you need any help i'll supply my phone number ,btw i do speak cockney still

Comment

Thanks Steve and Richard , the Stag should look dark , it`s a Melanistic Buck not to be confused with the Fallows winter dark coat , he stays that colour all year through , and will never sport the tan / fawn and white spotted coat of the more common Fallow , the shadows on him have already been lifted , any further and it would look unnatural ...at least to my eyes .

That`s most kind Jeff , I could really do with someone showing me the techniques , I learn much better that way , I might up head your way one day .
                            Last edited by Lepus; 21-10-2016, 18:49.

Comment

Working...
                            X