Re-post Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-post Safari

many thanks to codachrome for guidence in full size posts etc I have reposted the thumnail images from my first post as a test.
    Last image is interesting, two yards or so the the animals left was a lioness.
    ]

[IMG]http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy32/Alun100/Kenya/ebaypics231.jpg[/IMG
    Alun

Re: Re-post Safari

Well done the images are much better in the larger form. It may well be my laptop but they now look to be softer than when they were viewed via the thumbnails, I and others have fond that I need to add some additional sharpening to the images that I post via the website the posting process soften the images a little.

Comment

Thanks for the comments Muscat. Its more likley that being the first photos I had taken with an slr. We were taken out on phot shoot morning and evening; fifteen mins after these were taken it was nearly dark. I had thought the first one to be quite sharp, however I have notseen it displayed so large as it is above and I note a sort of fuzzing of the image over the one animals head, which Ihad not previously noticed. Cheers!!
      Alun

Comment

Its more likley that being the first photos I had taken with an slr...
        It's a good start; and you'll get better... Practice makes perfect... Only problem with that is that I've been 'practicing' for years, and still nowhere near perfect. Never mind!

...however I have not seen it displayed so large as it is above and I note a sort of fuzzing of the image over the one animals head, which Ihad not previously noticed. Cheers!!
        The 'fuzzing' is called 'Bokeh'. It occurs best when you use a wider aperture and longer lens; and is very useful in blurring background so the image is concentrated on the main subject... This works well for both wildlife and portrait images. For some superb examples; have a look at Colin C's bird photos in this forum. You'll see the birds in perfect focus, and the background reduced to a complete blur.

It's all to do with 'Depth-of-Field'! When (if) you're ready to learn a bit more about this; there's plenty of references on here, and Google, or you can just ask a question!

Well done... Look forward to seeing more...
        Last edited by Canon-Fodder!; 08-09-2010, 12:15.
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Working...
        X