First attempt at cropping etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt at cropping etc

No one else seems to be doing much posting, so thought I'd try these. Using a free copy of Adobe Lightshop.

Alun

Re: First attempt at cropping etc

Hi Alun,

Keep the post coming, I haven't used Lightshop but do have Lightroom which is very powerful and I couple this with Adobe Elements V8 for certain things.

I like the construct of #1 I would have cropped a more from the top of the image probably down to the dark area of background just above the ears to make their eyes more on the 1/3 line, I do find this picture very soft, looks almost out of focus on my monitor, it may have gone wrong in the posting.

The Elephants I like but as a suggestion I would crop a little more from the left hand side and crop some from the bottom leaving just a little grass / scrub, probably almost to the sandy 'road' that they are walking on.

For #3 I think you have this pretty much spot on.

A loveley set of pictures, I am envious of your trip.

Comment

Sorry Muscat, slip of the keys there, it is lightroom 3.2. A little frustrating because I agree that the lions are out of focus on the screen when viewed in the forum,Undecided about lightroom.; when I imported the lion image the facility to sharpen the image could not be found, yet it posed no problem with others.

I will try cropping as suggested. Many thanks!
      Alun

Comment

Alun,
        Agree with Muscat's comments.

David
        David

Comment

I don't have Lightroom 3.2 I use 2.6 but to find the sharpening tool in the Develop window about 2/3rds of the way down the list of tools on the right hand section, as I scroll down my list there is a section called Detail if this is not fully expanded you will not see the sharpening or noise reduction functions. If there is an arrow (well solid triangle) pointing horizontally next to the word Detail click on this and in my version it opens up a new section with all the relevant preview window and sliders.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X