Birds in the back garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birds in the back garden

Having cleared the snow off the cars, drive and paths I didn't feel like wandering around in it to take some pictures so after lunch I took the easy option and sat at the dining room table with the 70-300L on the camera watching the birds. This is a sample, nothing special, all taken hand held through the patio window.

Re: Birds in the back garden

I wish I had your view from my dining table :)
    Nice shots.
    Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
    EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Me thinking must clean the windows and give bird shots another go.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Would it be too much to identify the birds for those that don't know?
        Col

Comment

Col, I stand to be corrected but I believe they are #1 Goldfinch, #2 Sparrow and the last 2 ChafFinch. I hesitated and said open to correction as I don't know what type of Sparrow it is

Comment

Great shots, considering one of these lenses, could I ask what distance you were away from the birds please, and what focal length your lens was on, thanks in advance.
            Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Very nice set, No2 is my pick of a good bunch.
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
                Great shots, considering one of these lenses, could I ask what distance you were away from the birds please, and what focal length your lens was on, thanks in advance.
                The birds were about 14ft away, the lens was at 300mm, ISO 640, 1/320, f5.6 all hand held with the IS switched on. I use this lens a lot and find it very good. Don't forget that with this set there has been some loss of quality due to the mucky double glazed windows.

Les thanks for looking and the feedback

Comment

I wish my conservatory windows were as "mucky" as yours.

The 70-300 is really working well for you and producing some nice clear shots.
                  Why is it that birds always seem to know when you want to take a shot and put themselves behind a bit of twig.??

David
                  David

Comment

David if they don't hide behind a twig they don't stay still, this is also one of those 'nearly but not quite' shots

Comment

Working...
                    X