Slimbridge with the experts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slimbridge with the experts!

Thought I'd post a few of my images taken on 21st July 2012, with Colin C & Stephen.
    I took the opportunity of listening to Colin giving his tips to Stephen and quickly kept on changing my ISO,AV etc
    & took these shots! Canon 60d + 70-200mm f4L lens

(i) (a) Otter

(b)
    (APOLIGIES FOR POSTING THESE UNDER "BIRDS")

(ii)Close eyes together. (Identification please)

(iii) African Heron

(iv) Love birds- Lessons for Homo Sapiens!

(v) My lucky day- Kingfisher!! Whilst Colin & Stephen were patiently seated in the Hide,with cameras/lenses trained into the reeds & bushes, I saw this beauty waiting to be photographed at the entrance to the Hide
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 26-07-2012, 14:22.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Slimbridge with the experts!

Nathaniel; those otters are much better than I could achieve, you done well.
    ID; ??? I can't remember, sorry.
    Love birds; I took the same photo from a different angle, just had to be taken.
    Kingfisher; You were lucky to spot that one.

A great day with great company, thanks.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Nat

Your shots are getting better and better. The Otters especially are pretty darn good, better than I have achieved (so far!). Love #2 with the body in the water, and the drips off his whiskers!

Not sure what the birds are, but I do have a similar shot of a Kingfisher in that area... he must be a regular!

All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

He, he ................. I missed that Kingfisher shot.

Can't fault the Otters though, everything right with those.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Many thanks Mike/Colin. Mike, I think that the Kingfisher is more or less "resident" outside the hide. Colin,Not quite an expert at shooting through glass. I must say your Otter shot,posted elsewhere,is a class by itself. You were able to penetrate the glass as if it just wasn't there.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Double well done Nat ... a) on the successful sortie to Slimbridge and b) joining the elite 3000+ club.

Comment

Thanks MX5. Quite surprised at the elite 3000+ club. The next will have to be a North West sortie to North Wales, unless you can think of something better!

Comment

ID is whistling Ducks methinks.

Colinb
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  ID is whistling Ducks methinks.
                  Whistling Ducks, yes, in with the flamingos.
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                    Whistling Ducks, yes, in with the flamingos.
                    And the Flamingos singing "Some sweet day I'll make her mine, pretty flamingo.
                    Then every guy will envy me.
                    Cause paradise is where I'll be"

Comment

Well done Nathaniel a great set

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                        And the Flamingos singing "Some sweet day I'll make her mine, pretty flamingo.
                        Then every guy will envy me.
                        Cause paradise is where I'll be"
                        I think MX5, you have missed your true vocation. I have noticed that you appear to know the words of most of the "gentle" type of songs/music- Ah I should have said "my kinda music"!!

Ian, many thanks for your comments. Din't wish to spoil the fun of the two other "reprobates" who came on this sortie, by posting too many shots. They now have the opportunity of posting their other fine pics, taken on a really bright and warm day.

Comment

Very nice Nat
                          Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Nathaniel,

I have been missing for a while, but, you have really come on !!!!

The pic's of the otters are excellent, I suppose it is a bit like when you don't see someone's kids for a while and can't believe how much they have grown, yet their parents who see them every day don't notice!

Well Done.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X