Garden Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden Birds

Popped into the garden yesterday,frosty with bright skies.
    NO RAIN

heres some shots taken in M mode for C&C.

SINGING ROBIN

ISO 400 Shutter 1/350 Ap f 8.0

BLUE TIT

ISO 400 Shutter 1/250 Ap f 8.0

ICE CRYSTALS

ISO 250 Shutter 1/250 Ap f 2.8 MACRO LENS

I know the last image is not a bird but i just wanted to show how cold it was.
    Its the Frost on my shed roof.

Is it best to put your camera in a plastic bag when returning indoors ?

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Campbell; 01-12-2012, 16:22.
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Garden Birds

That's a interesting question about the plastic bag. Never heard of that before.
    Canon 600d
    Canon Ef 24-105mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM,
    Speedlight 430 EX II, B+W 110 10 stop Screw in ND

Comment

Re: Garden Birds

Originally posted by Emile Cilliers View Post
      That's a interesting question about the plastic bag. Never heard of that before.
      Thanks for looking Emile.

I just thought i would ask about the bag as i read somewhere about condensation forming inside camera equipment if returning into the warmth from outdoors when its very cold

Alan
      Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Garden Birds

Mmm. I can see the point however my view would be that surely the bag will keep the condensation inside the bag and as a result in the lens and camera.

I have always, although I'm still new to this, removed the lens and not put the lens covers on and place it in the house in a normal temperature environment just covering it with a lint free cloth or something similar to prevent dust coming in and letting it "dry" naturally.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to work for me.
        Canon 600d
        Canon Ef 24-105mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM,
        Speedlight 430 EX II, B+W 110 10 stop Screw in ND

Comment

I always put the camera lens combo into my lowepro pack, zip it up and leave it - a very gentle rise in temperature is what you need - as this has worked from cold temp of -48 I think I'll stick with it!

Comment

If it is really cold wrap the camera and lens in a bath towell, the condensation will not get through to either!

Papa.

Comment

Garden Birds

As for your images

Nice & sharp

Tom

Comment

Had a go at editing the Robin as i thought it a bit cluttered.
                Spent 10 mins with clone tool.
                WDYT

Alan

Comment

I really like your re edited robin image, much better with less clutter. As for taking the camera back indoors, I leave my camera in my lowepro bag somewhere not to warm in the house to allow the temp to stabilize slowly.

John

Comment

Like the robin, but also like the frost shot. The horizon aspect of it works well.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X