Hidden Amongst the Foreshore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Amongst the Foreshore

This was taken on the Isle of Mull where you perhaps can get a little bit closer to wildlife than on the main land, only spotted the curlew at the last second as we were driving alongside the loch, luckily we had the telephoto lens primed and ready.

Curlew_-2 by Judder Hopkins, on Flickr
    An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Re: Hidden Amongst the Foreshore

Nice capture!!
    The bird is well camo'd against the seaweed

Mike
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Nice capture

Comment

Great shot. I took some Curlew but couldn't get that close. I was there for a week last summer. What a fantastic place Mull is. I hired a 500mm for the week (£300) and it was worth every penny. Just driving round I was seeing Harriers, Owls, Cuckoos etc etc. Cant praise the Island enough. Hope you enjoyed it.
        http://www.richrogers.photography

Comment

Originally posted by r.rogers View Post
          Great shot. I took some Curlew but couldn't get that close. I was there for a week last summer. What a fantastic place Mull is. I hired a 500mm for the week (£300) and it was worth every penny. Just driving round I was seeing Harriers, Owls, Cuckoos etc etc. Cant praise the Island enough. Hope you enjoyed it.
          We went up there as group of four, marvellous place, saw plenty of golden eagles, couple of otters, got close to the wild deer. Also our rented cottage by the loch was surrounded by bats in the evening, will go back again some day but perhaps stay a bit longer than the 4 days we were there.
          An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Working...
          X