Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Indian Roller takes on a Jinjok - no competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Indian Roller takes on a Jinjok - no competition.

I was contemplating the meaning of life while in the hide at Bang Pra yesterday wondering why such a beautiful place was so deserted and then it dawned on me.

For those of you brave enough, go tell the Mrs that you're planning a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks of bird-watching and see what she says. I suspect that it will be just as deserted the next time I return! For any responses unsuitable for the open forum, please PM me as I need a good laugh!

Anyway, if you need some material to help persuade her, I just got lucky while out cruising for a shot within 100m of our home when I came across this beautiful but not uncommon blue-winged bird called an Indian Roller, eating an unfortunate lizard, locally known as a jinjok. They are usually very nervous birds and disappear the moment you approach but obviously the thought of this morsel postponed his departure.

The last in the series is not as sharp as I wanted but I think the colour of his wings make up for it.

Andy

All by 5D3 @ 400mm by 70-200 f2.8L ISii + 2x mkiii, 1/180 x f8 / ISO 400, hand held.

BNE_2738.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

BNE_2743.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

BNE_2747.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

BNE_2750.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

Re: An Indian Roller takes on a Jinjok - no competition.

Wow Andy, at last not only have you got yourself some great shots of those wonderful and beautiful almost luminous blue winged birds but with a Ghekko in its mouth too (never heard the term JinJok for those little critters in the 10 years I have lived here but I am not saying you are wrong either as my Thai is crap).

So sharp and lovely focus on the eyes too, yes shame about the last one with a little motion blur I suspect. Brilliant mate top marks.
    Best Regards
    Ray Walton

Comment

Re: An Indian Roller takes on a Jinjok - no competition.

Beautiful colors on that Bird. Nicely captured and processed Andy.

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X