The Neighbours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Neighbours.

After seeing Paulstw 'Little Wren' I wasn't sure whether to post these!

Anyhoo, I'm still in pain but a little more mobile and I can stand up straight, something I haven't done for 18 months. This is the view from my Bathroom window, a good vantage point to shoot them up close.

Still not sure why I am getting soft images!

JD-Home-01.jpg

JD-Home-02.jpg

JD-Home-03.jpg

JD-Home-04.jpg

JD-Home-05.jpg
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: The Neighbours.

Great little characters, for me the second shot is the best, I like the expression and pose of the Jackdaw. I am guessing that you have had the op and are now hopefully on the road to recovery.

Comment

Hi Muscat,

Yep thanks for asking. I had the staples out on Monday and have been walking around the block once a day with crutches, nevertheless it's more than I could do 4 weeks ago! Still very painful, the surgeon says it will take 9 months for the bones to fully knit together so will have to be a little careful until then. He did say that I would have to miss another season of cricket, haven't played for year and half.

I'm going to see if I can take my camera with me tomorrow on my next walk about the block, I spied a Robin on a neighbours hedge this morning so would like to see if I can snap him tomorrow.

I really like no. 3, however I would love to know what he's thinking about in image 2.

I've just bought a tamron SP AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, so I am hoping to get some sharper pictures. I'm now saving up for a ef 24-70 2.8 though I think that maybe some time, unless I get another interim payment from the insurance company.

Anyhoo, thanks for stopping by.

TomB
      Last edited by tombennett; 16-05-2013, 17:43.

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

I should have added, being able to stand straight after 18 months was such an awesome experience which is what I have been mainly looking forward to.

Comment

Sorry aboot that Muscat, still on an awful lot of pain killers, including auramorph!

Comment

Glad you are on the mend, just take it easy for a while it will pay off in the long run.

Comment

Nice series that captures the story Tom. and glad to see your getting better.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom really pleased that your already seeing some improvements and hope things continue to get better.

Tamron lens is very good from my experience, if I had any criticism its that its not difficult to catch the IS switch.
                Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks Guys for your well wishes. I'm really impressed with the quality of image Paulstw gets with his Tamron, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'll keep an eye on the IS switch, thanks for the heads-up on that one Antoeknee.

TomB

Comment

Cheers for the mention Tom, it means a lot, but please don't stop posting images :)
                    I get lucky sometimes and its all because of the kit to be honest.

I just bought a used 17-85 lens, and my goodness its softer than a block or Lurpak

I bought it for £50 because of a stuck aperture, which I'm sure I can fix, but compared to the Tamron I'm not joking when I say it is no where near as crisp.
                    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by tombennett View Post
                      Thanks Guys for your well wishes. I'm really impressed with the quality of image Paulstw gets with his Tamron, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'll keep an eye on the IS switch, thanks for the heads-up on that one Antoeknee.

TomB
                      Managed to switch off IS once or twice by accident. Then when trying to take some pics at 300mm start thinking to myself I should give up drinking as I can't hold the dam thing steady, LOL.
                      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

That's cool Paul. I'm glad you've bought a 17-85 and have had the same results as I do because I was starting to think it was me! I love your analogy though I could take it further, as soft as a "block of Lurpak" which has been left out on a hot sunny day in Africa.

I bought the lens as it was also cheap so I had something to learn with, I feel I'm beyond that lens and need to get sharper images. I do find that using the 17-85 in macro seems to be okay. I'm looking forward to receiving my Tamron.

I'm selling some of my unwanted sound equipment to go into my 24-70 2.8L fund which I want for general walk-around sharpness and, ready for the day when I feel capable enough to warrant a full-frame camera.

TomB

Comment

Working...
                        X