Cormorant and Heron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cormorant and Heron

Shot at Bow Creek Eco Park, near Canning Town Tube/DLR Station, both with a 7D and 70-200mm F4 and heavily cropped.

IMG_4793 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_4825 by andymulhearn, on Flickr
    Last edited by AndyMulhearn; 10-11-2013, 22:06. Reason: Workaround image submission problem
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: Cormorant and Heron

Well caught Andy.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Very well done Andy

Tom

Comment

Well done Andy nice shots

Terry

Comment

Well done andy, cormorants in particular are not theasiest of birds to capture. The heron is a good pose but some of the colours look a little odd particularly the blue on the front of the wing

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

Stan, I noticed that blue hue on some others but they were much worse that this example. When I looked at the raw file again in ACR, all of the exposure settings were screwed - I think I opened some of the files in Elements 10 and something got very out of kilter. Processing from scratch gives me this which has lost the blue tinge in the leading edge of the wings. Pretty sloppy that I missed that

IMG_4825.jpg
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Well captured Andy
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Love the cormorant shot.

Alan
                Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Thanks Stephen and Alan. This was the first time I've seen a Cormorant in flight, it was quite impressive

Comment

to you Andy ....
                    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

thanks Wayne

Comment

Gosh these are good, particular like the Heron shot, I know just how hard these are to capture.
                        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

They're normally shy birds aren't they Les. Back in the spring we went to St. James' Park and one of the stallholders was throwing bread to a young Heron that was turning somersaults to take the bread out of the air. The bird was surrounded by people and clearly having a good time putting on a show. I've never seen anything like it before or since. Unfortunately all the shots I took missed legs, head or wings so none were worth keeping but it was amusing to watch, although I'm now more aware of the dangers of feeding birds like that...

Comment

Working...
                          X