Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few shots of birds from the other day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A few shots of birds from the other day.

Yeah I feel it's a great combo. Always knew I'd end up with a 1D one day. It was just a matter of which one lol. Great news guys. The kingys have paired up. Witnessed three of them in a flurry this morning, one got chased away and two immediately started looking for a nest site. Crouched in the bushes I saw the male stabbing away at a sandy hollow 6ft up from the river.

Schedule 1 licenses applied for :) Just in case anyone asks. The site is not accessible at all from at least 50 yards. Closest point is across the river so I'm so glad to see them again. Get this!! it's about 50ft from a Sparrowhawk nest that we saw too lol
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Nice shots Paul the tree creeper shots are the pick of the bunch. Great news regards the kingfishers will look forward to some more shots of them
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Always nice to observe nest sites. I had slightly more mundane species last year. great tit, wood pigeon and kestrel.

Have seen pair of kestrels round the nest site already this year so hoping to photograph again.

Look forward to seeing some KF shots as the season progresses.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Cheers. I would love to photograph Kestrels. Followed your progress last year with excitement lol.

I don't think we can do both but we'll give it a try.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Hoping to photograph a GSW nest as well this year, only spotted it very late last season so no chance then. Only draw back is it's a couple of miles from home. Also trying to spot the nest of some tawny owls that nest locally. They are currently waking me a some point each night as they perch on my roof and hoot for 5-10 minutes.

One regret I have is few years ago I watched (over few days) a pair of long tail tits build their nest. Wasn't back into photography at the time and missed a great opportunity to record a very special event.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Aww Long tailed tits nests are so amazing :) I have a GSW nest about 200 yards from my house in a wooded area. Saw it two days ago. The GSW comes to my feeder every morning. I want to get a long log set up with a drilled hole in it filled with food. Just can't really do stuff like that round my way for upsetting the neighbours.
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

I'm going to move to Glasgow. Do you do B&B? Great shots by the way.

Brian
                http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

I never found a Treecreeper in the Mark 3 ever since I owned it, it must be in the custom function. But you done well to find it after I had a go with it. Must read the instruction book again for the 1Dx might be other beasties that I might have overlooked.
                  Good luck with the 'old camera' Paul, nice to see you are happy with it..Danny

Comment

It must be in the custom function, I have never found a Treecreeper when I owned a mark3. Brilliant shot of a Treecreeper. So glad your happy with the camera. Danny

Comment

All excellent shots Paul.

Bill.
                      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Superb shots Paul, I can't believe how close you got to the treecreeper.
                        I find them very flighty.
                        You should send it to a bird magazine or bbc wildlife.

Alan
                        Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Campbell View Post
                          Superb shots Paul, I can't believe how close you got to the treecreeper.
                          I find them very flighty.
                          You should send it to a bird magazine or bbc wildlife.

Alan
                          Cheers Alan.

It's a crop but only from Landscape to Portrait in from the right and left edges. It moved round the trunk and I followed. I was lucky. Never thought about it really. I uploaded it to Alamy lol
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                          X