Heron in flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heron in flight

So I left work today a bit earlier than usual and legged it over to my local park, 7D and 400L in hand, to catch sight of some birds. While waiting for a couple of Grebes to wander past, on the surface of the lake rather than under it I hoped, I caught site of a heron sneaking into the bushes out of the corner of my eye. Time passed and the Grebes were elsewhere and then I noticed a guy with two dogs heading towards the area where the heron was hiding in the reeds. You can imagine what happened next, and so could I so I managed to fire of a burst of about 12 shots - missing the point where the heron took off because I wasn't sure where he was hiding - and this is the best of them...

And I'm pleased with this one too...

Fortunately I'd seen the dogs so managed to switch to one of my custom settings for BIF and these were both taken at f8, 1/1600 with the first at ISO 800 and the second at ISO 400. Oh, and neither of them are much of a crop either
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: Heron in flight

Two cracking images Andy 👍
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Two well done images Andy

Tom

Comment

Great shots and well anticipated Andy