Kingfisher food pass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingfisher food pass...

Sat for what felt like an age today in the hide just after 7am this morning. The river was higher than normal but dropped about 1m from the nest. Water got into my boots so sat with soaked feet for about 2 hours lol.

The male comes flying up with a fish in reverse and starts cheeping at the hole. The female swoops out of the hole and it's over in seconds. Luckily I got this shot.

I managed about 250 average stance shots at the site too, but they're all pretty standard. This, you don't see everyday :)

It's a bit noisy with it being ISO3200 but I would have rather got a sharp shot than none at all :)

Pau
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Kingfisher food pass...

Paul this is getting beyond a joke and is infuriatingly good as for the noise not noticeable to me just bloody marvellous turned another shade green

Alan

Comment

Sorry Alan lol. Just there at the right time that's all :)
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Your best yet. As for noise I have had a quick look at it on your flickr account and can't see any. You have another very jealous forum member here.
        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
        Facebook
        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Papa from the forum taught me a very good technique for getting rid of noise in the BG. The foreground noise is a personal touch of mine but still not perfect. The key is a totally sharp focal point. Don't have that you don't have anything to work with.

Surface Blur on the BG, and using a layer mask bring out the foreground subjects. I then apply a light bit of noise control via the Noise filter and add a layer mask to the layer and set the opacity to 43% and brush over the noisy bits with a black brush. All in all Im usually working on three layers.

Sharpening never changes and it's always un sharp mask, 98%, 1 Radius and 1 threshold.

Other than that there's nothing else to do. I did change the BG to a greeny OOF one bit it looked stupid and out of sorts.

I think I have over 1000 usable Kingfisher shots, but they are mostly all the same pose, perch and not much happening. Trying to change it a wee bit by trying to get her as she's flying back up into the hole. Got some preening shots this morning, but I'm totally shattered lol

Paul
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Another stunning image. The angle of the branch makes for a very strong composition.

Brian
            http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Excellent

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

As you rightly said out of the ordinary KF shot, Raj
                Raj
                Flickr

Comment

You deserve all the praise for your dedication in getting these shots, simply wonderful.

Comment

Top notch again mate

Comment

Just one word. Wow!
                      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

No stopping you Paul superb image yet again
                        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks guys. Too kind. Should be mating in the next wee bit so that's the money shot. Quite literally lol
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Another good set, despite your cold feet!!!!!
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Exceptional photography - onwards & upwards should be your new motto/ mantra !
                              James
                              James Boardman Woodend
                              www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Working...
                              X