Shots from today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shots from today

Not had much luck with the light today so I just managed these guys.

Goldcrest (Regulus regulus) by Campsie Photography, on Flickr

Wren by Campsie Photography, on Flickr

Sparrowhawk (Male) by Campsie Photography, on Flickr

Bit off my game with the last two. I have a serious sore right hand just now and I think it's a combo of the weight of this camera and tendonitis. Seriously having second thoughts about heavy cameras. It's just not comfortable anymore.

Anyway, hope you like them...

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Shots from today

I like all three nice detail in all of them if I had to choose it would be the wren
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

All nice Paul, especially like the Goldcrest.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

'Just' managed those did you! Nice set, thanks for sharing.
        Andy

Comment

I would be more than happy to "just manage" shots of a goldcrest and sparrowhawk

The pick is the wren - great eye on that one

stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Nice shots Paul, the Wren is a definite winner.

I too have a touch of tendonitis in my right forearm that makes holding my combo uncomfortable after a while if I don't take care about how I carry it - keep the weight off my right hand when not shooting by using a decent sling and avoid gripping too hard by carrying the weight in my left hand under the lens. This seems to work, or at least I know when I don't do it.
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

All there are very well done Paul, but I like the composition and DOF of the 1st image.

Tom

Comment

Super shots Paul ,yes the camera is heavy ,but I have replaced the standard neck strap with a longer neoprene one ,you could also convert to a over shoulder strap attached to the lens ,there are tons of camera supports out there just find one that suits you ,even a monopod with camera over the shoulder helps

Comment

Thanks guys. The goldcrest shot was taken with the 24-105. That's how close I was to him. I must have spent about 20 mins just sitting near his tree, and he just popped out every now and then wondering who I was. Very tame wee bird. I guess he was about arms length away.

The Wren was a quick shot from the hip, I didn't even know it was that good until I loaded it up. Never delete picks on a 1D3 cause everything looks crap on the screen lol.

I have better picks of the Spar with better light on him but the poses and faces he was making while preening was a bit odd so nothing looks 'right' This one is menacing and the rest are a bit off.
                  Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                  www.campsie.photography

Comment

Super images Paul and of some hard to see species.
                    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                      I would be more than happy to "just manage" shots of a goldcrest and sparrowhawk

The pick is the wren - great eye on that one

stan
                      I second that Stan ... great set there Paul.
                      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Cracking set Paul.

Paul
                        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                        X