More Crested Grebes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Crested Grebes

My local park has had what seems to be two pairs of Crested Grebes for some time now, although I've only ever seen three of them on the water at any one time. Today I took a wander around the park and was surprised to see not only a pair but a pair with two chicks. As is normal with these birds, they stayed as far away from land as they could so anything shot with a 7D/400L is going to be a bit of a crop but I did manage to get something identifiable as a parent with chick, although not both chicks in the same frame...

IMG_3650 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

I then went for a wander around Burnham for some lunch and on an impulse came back via the park where one of the adults, and I think this is a relatively young bird, put on a bit of a show amongst the ducks.

IMG_3886 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_3883 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

In some cases, the bird was so close that I've ended up with some pretty decent head shots.

IMG_3863 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

I'd say this bird was showing off, preening and diving, for going on for about ten minutes while I took getting on for 100 shots before it wandered off further from land. All-in-all a quite pleasant afternoon.
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: More Crested Grebes

Good set Andy.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Great set Andy

Alan

Comment

Andy

Tom

Comment

Thanks for looking everyone. I've been stalking these birds at that park since I moved down here so to get this close to one of them is quite pleasing
          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
          X