egrets i have ,which one ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egrets i have ,which one ???

a couple of pics out of a burst .both should be similar exposure etc ,but i have processed them both differently so opinions needed on which is best ,just based on general oomph if possible not sharpness or nit picking etc .
    dora the explorer by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

downdraft by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Re: egrets i have ,which one ???

Tom

Comment

Prefer the first one as it shows a bit more feather detail.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Both nice shots I prefer the pose in the first but the processing in the second as the feathers are white as they should be. Just my opinion though
        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
        Facebook
        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

That's the one I was after Paul ,my previous pp was muddying the whites and brighter colours IMHO ,I have reverted to a previous method that enhances things without blowing out the whites .as everyone's view screen is different it's sometimes hard to get a good balance

Comment

Certainly the second shot has more "oomph" so it would be interesting to see the first one with the same treatment to see if the detail was retained. IMHO
            Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Birdy View Post
              Certainly the second shot has more "oomph" so it would be interesting to see the first one with the same treatment to see if the detail was retained. IMHO
              here ya go just a very quick edit .
              take 2 by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Comment

I think the second edit is better- ie. the white is now white!
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                X