Pied wagtail posing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pied wagtail posing

Did I read somewhere that Tesco had sent for a marksman to shoot this lovely bird??????
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

i was going to reply to nat via p.m but as theres interest in this thread and picture i hope andy won't mind .in the early days of digital upping your iso resulted in increased noise levels ,that has really been a thing of the past for at least 3-4 years now as sensor technology has improved .these days shooting at a i.s.o of 1600 or above is easy .so the answer nat is as long as theres not to much shadow its far easier to increase your iso than anything else i seem these days to settle on 640iso as a starting point if the light drops and shutter speed decreases then simply up it .this leaves your aperture at a constant setting for depth of field /bokah etc my usual apertures are around f5.6 to f8 depending on target .
      nat i cannot really fathom your questions as its all basic stuff that can be seen by simply looking through the viewfinder .i find with birds as i said in andys initial response the shutter speed has to be fairly high as birds constantly move and to be sharp need to be frozen .you cannot rescue any photo thats not sharp in any way ,just bin it or use it with acknowledgements ,i.e my hares head shot was far from perfect the other day but it was worth posting as is due to the closeness and rarity .

Comment

I processed the shot before this one and yes, it seems to be better around the head.

IMG_8662 by andymulhearn, on Flickr
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

ah is this the one i commented on today on flickr andy .much much better .and if its any consolation we all do it in a haste to get a good shot up we often overlook the better one of a series

Comment

Cheers Jeff
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
            X