Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one for stan and nat

this is how you do it ,now why on earth did i sell that 50D

come back peter (EXPLORED) by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Re: one for stan and nat

Well caught, good detail and background well done. I still have my 50D but don't have a 400mm lens
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Cracking shot ,great pose and detail superb.is this a wild one ?

Comment

Oh most definetly ,I rarely take photos of captive birds ,in the winter where I live is like raptor central and if you know where to look you can't fail to find some

Comment

Good pose and detail but the crop is a bit tight at the top and bottom

I have a few like that from Gigrin

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Nicely done

Tom

Comment

Very nice indeed
              James
              James Boardman Woodend
              www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I tried a capture like this a few years ago and ended up with lots of blurry mess. Sure I would do better these days, but can appreciate the skill required to achieve a good result, well done.
                Paul

Comment

Ah, just twigged on the 50d thing! I'm seriously considering picking one up as my 350d is really showing it's age now and my skills are starting to push it's boundaries.
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                    Oh most definetly ,I rarely take photos of captive birds ,in the winter where I live is like raptor central and if you know where to look you can't fail to find some
                    A good shot, with a lot of detail. Are you sure that it is not a "stuffed" bird??????? I myself do not like to take pics of captive birds and animals- just my phobia, as I like the "hunt" and capture -on camera. Now that you tell me about the raptor central, I am certainly coming your way to be a "nuisance"!

Having said all that, this is the first time I have seen a Buzzard hovering around Colwyn Bay, of all places.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Ah, just twigged on the 50d thing! I'm seriously considering picking one up as my 350d is really showing it's age now
                      the 50D is quite old technology now. I replaced by 40D with one when they were first launched and much regreted doing so and only kept it a few months before replacing it with a 7D and getting another 40D as a back up

Stan
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

things move on ,i preferred the 50d to the 40d ,and at the time it was lighting quick ,i never really fancied its replacement the 60d and although i have one now its really for jans use and some odd shots .i went straight from the 50d to the far superior (at the time )nikon d7000 and never regretted it ,but nikons reliability issues and lack of wildlife lenses led me back to canon .
                        i will keep a open mind on the 7D2 and if i don't like what i see will go for a 1Dmk4 .and keep the mk3 for back up .my couple of posts today from the older cameras coupled with older p/p really shows how much things have moved on though in reality

Comment

Working...
                        X