yesterdays buzzard the close up shot .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterdays buzzard the close up shot .

going through yesterdays pics with my mate just now and i spotted this one i had overlooked .one look and i knew it was sharp enough to take a large crop portrait .

W.T.F by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Re: yesterdays buzzard the close up shot .

That stare!

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Very nice Jeff but I prefer the other one which you posted elsewhere. I know other members might not agree with me but IMHO I like/prefer yours pics( & other members pics) taken in the "wild" like this one. It shows that one must be alert and also quick on the "draw" to take/shoot such pictures.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Wow. Very Nice Jeff.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          Very nice Jeff but I prefer the other one which you posted elsewhere. I know other members might not agree with me but IMHO I like/prefer yours pics( & other members pics) taken in the "wild" like this one. It shows that one must be alert and also quick on the "draw" to take/shoot such pictures.
          I agree, I am primarily a bird/nature watcher and as such I am only interested in taking photographs in the wild. This is a superb close up of a bird that is usually difficult to get close to, I'm very envious!

However, I still like to view member's photos of captive creatures, especially if they are of British wildlife and there have been some masterful images on here.

David
          PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

That is an amazing shot, great feather detail. As you said earlier 'what an end to the year'!
            Andrew

Comment

[QUOTE ]I know other members might not agree with me but IMHO I like/prefer yours pics( & other members pics) taken in the "wild" like this one[/QUOTE]

??? - this is the same bird in the wild as the first post Nat

Nice portrait but the crop has lost detail and is not as sharp as the first posting

stan
              Last edited by Stan; 30-12-2014, 19:42.
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Excellent shot Jeff, though I prefer the one in Your Image of the Year, absolutely stunning.

Brian
                http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

thanks lads ,its not up to start a argument just a heavy crop of a 10mp image .plenty of other stuff from the last few days i haven't yet got round to editing /posting to including this ones female bird .
                  i just take pictures for enjoyment if they work fine if not theres always tomorrow ,like wise with gear my stuff is all old designs and past its sell by date <bar the 70d and eos-m> but it works ,been a lot of discussions in our house of late of changing back to nikon and the 36mp d810 so i either might follow the lad this way or buy some of his canon gear (started already ) time will tell

Comment

Looks good to me mate

Comment

Working...
                    X