Dunnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunnock

A pair of snap shots near a main road at home, 7D2 and 400L. Shot into a light background so I'm astonished they came out even this well, although in the first one I could do without the twig obscuring its tail.

Dunnock
    by andymulhearn, on Flickr

And having a sing, although in this one I need to do a bit of tinkering to lighten the face:

Dunnock
    by andymulhearn, on Flickr
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: Dunnock

seems to be a lot of CA in both shots andy ,unlike your normal stuff ?

Comment

I don't know that it is Jeff. There were different coloured shoots growing in the bushes - green and purple - which I thought at first was CA but I'm not so sure. It looks too big an effect compared to the samples I've seen.
      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I wonder if you could post a full frame of it Andy ,obviously the more you crop the worse it looks ,though I still go with CA

Comment

it is CA caused by the very high contrast between the sky and the twigs and is often apparent when you shoot up at that angle. You can try and correct it in ACR - lens corrections and the colour tab but I think it is probably too far gone on these shots

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Nice shots and maybe the CA can be mitigated somewhat in PP but as a photographer who often takes birds against the sky I know how much of a problem it is.

David
            PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys - lesson learned. I took a look in LR and dropping the green, purple and magenta saturation to zero gave me this - attached not on flickr. Side-by-side it doesn't look too bad but the branch coming out of the bird's shoulder still has a hint of green in it. The nastier purple coloration seems to have gone though.

3B1A1074.jpg

Comment

Better Andy if it was a mega rarity I would say clone out the branches ,but lesson learned move on LOL

Comment

Agreed Jeff.

Comment

Working...
                  X