• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Birds of Prey

Very good set mate

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
      A beautiful set tom, and very natural looking.

I'm guessing you were at Stonham Barns again.

BTW, did you use flash?

Dave
      No flash Dave but the light was pretty good all day. I just cranked up the iso a bit when we were in the woodland as it was a bit darker.

Comment

When I did photography day at BWC I used manual mode so I could set shutter speed and aperture I wanted and then used auto ISO. With 5D3 higher ISO not really an issue and I'm guessing the 6D would be just as capable.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Tomh1982 View Post
          No flash Dave but the light was pretty good all day. I just cranked up the iso a bit when we were in the woodland as it was a bit darker.
          Says a lot for the noise performance of the camera Tom.

Have been to Stonham Barns a few times, usually with the grandchildren.

Didn't know they did photography days, that's well worth knowing.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
            Says a lot for the noise performance of the camera Tom.

Have been to Stonham Barns a few times, usually with the grandchildren.

Didn't know they did photography days, that's well worth knowing.

Dave
            Yep i'm very impressed with the iso performance.

I would say give it a try Dave if you fancy it especially as your in the area! I thought it was well worth the money lunch was included as well

Comment

As a 'follow-up' to Tom's post, here's the info on the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary, albeit it has a variety of Birds of Prey.

Although as I mentioned earlier, I had visited on a few occasions, I wasn't aware that they offered 'Photo Days'.

It seems that these are held monthly (Sundays), at a cost of £65. It doesn't say so on the site info, but Tom says that lunch was included when he went.

I will definitely be booking one of these days.

Dave
              Dave

Comment

Very nice set, well done.
                Andy

Comment

Love these photo's and I know this is slightly going off subject, but would any of you know if their are such places as BWC and Suffolk Owl Sanctuary further North, like in Scotland if possible?

Cheers

Comment

4 Crackers, especially the Buzzard.

Alan
                    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Working...
                    X