of days gone by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of days gone by

just doing a search on my flickr stream to see how things have changed over the years ,heres one taken with my old 50d and original 400mm f5.6 .got me scratching my head for sure

turnstone (seen on AUTUMNWATCH UNSPRUNG) by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

and one from the 40d with the same 400 lens .no noise reduction software in them days ,raw shots p/p in either early aperture or early versions of elements

long tailed tit (EXPLORED) by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr
    Last edited by the black fox; 02-02-2015, 20:56.

Re: of days gone by

Nice detail and composition Jeff. Also like how the color just pops in both of them.

Tom

Comment

Two really good images, how much better can the new gear be are we chasing rainbows? probably, but will we stop ?probably not

Alan

Comment

Great shots proving it's the eye behind the camera that counts
        But it's nice to have more gear though :-)
        Cheers
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG001 View Post
          Great shots proving it's the eye behind the camera that counts
          But it's nice to have more gear though :-)
          Cheers
          Dave
          Amen
          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Not a lot wrong with the older cameras, although I was never pleased with my 50D, which was never as good as my 40D, one of which I still have as a back up, along with my old 7D as well now

Two nice shots

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

I've never had anything better than the 50d, so I'm happy with it because it achieves better results than my 350d. I do sometimes long for less noise at higher iso levels though. It's not so bad outside, but some of my indoor shots are a struggle to process well.
              Paul

Comment

Long Tailed Tit image is perfect Jeff. Hard to get those little suckers without a branch in front of it. Folk with gear tend to think that a long long lens will get the results. My mate now gets kingy shots with the 18-55 kit lens on the 70D wireless lol
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

Excellent!

David
                  PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

cheers ,to be perfectly honest i think the major improvements over the last several years have in reality been in the software we use for processing .i now use PS6 on a i-mac that is about 7 generations removed from what i used with the 40d .looking at the two photos neither of which have been brought up to date btw they are exactly what i posted at the time ,it does make me wonder and also makes my decision to carry on with a 10mp 1D3 a valid one

Comment

Working...
                    X