Flash for grey days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flash for grey days

Nice image, you carried great detail. On Flickr it looks a tad better and brighter to me but that may just be my dodgy eyes!I can see what people mean about cloning out the branch, but it does not bother me too much.
    Andy

Comment

Lovely shot and yes it did work because as Dave says, it was the difference between getting the shot or not, have to agree would be better without the top branch

Regards Paul

Comment

Just my own personal view. Others will differ, and that's OK with me.

I just don't see the validity or merit of taking photos of birds with flash. Its in the thicket so as not to be seen.
        The shot does not need to be taken - some may prefer to wait til it emerges into a better lit area, or just wait for another opportunity. Its not an uncommon bird.
        I favour the welfare for the bird to getting the photo at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lights blue touch paper and retires........

Comment

Lovely Image well caught, I have had a Better Beamer for a few years now but have yet to use it ( I buy lots of things which seem a good idea at the time ) but talking to togs In the US about using them they nearly always say that they are not trying to illuminate the bird but just to get a catchlight, word of warning if you have a Beamer on your flash gun be careful and do not let t point into the sun as this will melt the lens on the front

Alan

Comment

Working...
          X