gulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gulls

the skies cleared for the last 15 minutes before the sun went down ,and as i was out on family business i rushed home had to unpack and set up my cameras and go forth with bread to entice the gulls in ,managed around 50 shots with two cameras and pleased with the results ,the weight issue simply disappears once you start shooting and all shots were taken hand held .this is really the first time i have used this lens in anything like a decent sky and its looking good .

there is no composition involved with any of these pics just a point and shoot to test out things i know it can only get better based on these results

gull 3 by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

gull 4 by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

gull 2 by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Re: gulls

Nothing to fault there, GAS attack building up!

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Quite impressive Jeff.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Looking good Jeff

Alan

Comment

Jeff

Tom

Comment

Good shots. I do notice that "weight" is being mentioned rather frequently and could appear IMHO as ,a disadvantage for many potential buyers.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Good shots. I do notice that "weight" is being mentioned rather frequently and could appear IMHO as ,a disadvantage for many potential buyers.
              yes it is one of the things that users of another similar sized lens have used against this one nat ,one of the reasons i have made note of it and posted these b.i.f shots with the mention of it being hand held if i can do it at a year under 70 then younger men can easily cope with it ,these also show that the lens unlike the other one has no problems at all with b.i.f .i do not hide my exif data its on flickr for all to see .in fact looking back at the series i took in haste this afternoon there are two user errors on my part (1) i used ring of fire multi point focus (2) i should have used BBF to keep the focus and the stabiliser spinning ,both easily rectified

Comment

some great shots Jeff, I do like the last one, stunning in flight details
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                X