Red Kites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Kites

These were taken some time ago but as Red Kites are in vogue just now, I thought I'd post these. I am going away tomorrow on hols to the Red Kite territory and trust I will have more pictures to post.

(i)

(ii)

(iii)
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 03-07-2015, 15:04.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Red Kites

you want to try the place near aberyswyth where they feed them by the water nat .

Comment

Have a nice time Nat.
      I will be up your way for a few days early next week.
      Sadly we'll miss each other.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Have fun Nat.

Tom

Comment

2nd shot

have a good time Nat - I'm sure Jeff will let you take his baby with you ;o)
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice work - I particularly like the first one
            James
            James Boardman Woodend
            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. As for Jeff's baby I know that I will not be able to "control" it let alone carry it without damaging my back. I think I know the place near Aber' wyth where they feed the birds by the river/water. I am actually in Builth Wells in my own timeshare apartment from where I will venture out- Brecon,Aber' wyth,Gigrin, and so on.

I thought Stephen I suggested changing your dates ,if possible,and you were getting back to me.

P.S I thought I might mention that my third image has been commented upon favourably by BBC Summer watch. This is the first time I have put my pictures in the "group" category as well.
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 03-07-2015, 17:26.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Good set Nat, the 3rd presses all the right buttons for me.
                Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les. Will "try" and capture one like your recent post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                    Thanks Les. Will "try" and capture one like your recent post.
                    I'll buy you a beer if you do
                    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                      Thank you all for your comments. As for Jeff's baby I know that I will not be able to "control" it let alone carry it without damaging my back. I think I know the place near Aber' wyth where they feed the birds by the river/water. I am actually in Builth Wells in my own timeshare apartment from where I will venture out- Brecon,Aber' wyth,Gigrin, and so on.

I thought Stephen I suggested changing your dates ,if possible,and you were getting back to me.

P.S I thought I might mention that my third image has been commented upon favourably by BBC Summer watch. This is the first time I have put my pictures in the "group" category as well.
                      Good to see you have taken my advice .wait till you start getting requests to buy pics LOL

Comment

Nice images Nat, bet you miss the 300mm

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Les, Jeff and Gordon for your comments. I said I would "try" Les! . Yes, Jeff, it was your comment made to another member which made me also get involved with putting my pics on the "group" site. Yes, Gordon, I do miss my 300mm and most probably that is the lens I will buy again! I regret selling it when I sufferd shoulder trouble carrying my heavy Camera bag on my trip to Sri Lanka in 2013. Couldn't lift my right arm up and suffered severe pain when I did so.
                          Last edited by Nathaniel; 03-07-2015, 22:01.

Comment

Nice set Nat, well done.

Bill.
                            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice set Nat Have a good time!
                              Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                              EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Working...
                              X