Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIW

Bird In Water.
    Just another image of come Canadian geese, however this time they are next to the dam and felt that it mad a nice backdrop for them.

Camera EOS SL1 (100D) w/Tamron 18-270mm @ 270mm
    1/1000 sec @ f/11, ISO 200

Comments Welcomed
    Tom

Re: BIW

Certainly does Tom, nice set
    Andrew

Comment

Well spotted Tom.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Lovely set Tom.
        Neil

Comment

Nice set Tom
          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Well exposed,nice
            www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherblue www.johncaswellwildlifephotography.com

Canon 5Dmk4 ,Canon 7D mk11,Canon 7D,Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L is 11 USM . Canon100mm f2.8 Macro ,Canon 24-105 F4, 1.4 x111 ext

Comment

Very well controlled exposure. Too easy to blow the water on these shots. Well done.
              Prefer the 2nd, I think the 1st is let down slightly by looking at the birds back. I realise that's how it happened, and we can't ask them to pose.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorbray View Post
                Prefer the 2nd, I think the 1st is let down slightly by looking at the birds back. I realise that's how it happened, and we can't ask them to pose.
                I'd go along with that, well done Tom
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Nice Tom second for me too

Comment

Nice and sharp and well exposed Tom but neither really work too well for me. The back view of the second bird spoils the first shot as it leaves the main bird looking out of the frame. Would be much better to a portrait crop of the left side of the frame, making sure you have a little more canvas to the left then the right

The second is well composed and the dof has allowed you to get both birds in focus but the rear bird is looking away from the camera. I would re crop to the front bird and clone out the back one, something like this - also corrected the white balence

Stan

zxzx edit.jpg
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Good Shots. Tom. You have got the eye "showing" as this is the difficult part with birds that have a black head.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nat, Andrew, Bill, Neil, Alex, John, Trevorbray, Alan, Dave & Stan for stopping by and giving me your input. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                        X