Juvenile Kestrels at the Hawk Conservancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juvenile Kestrels at the Hawk Conservancy

The wild kestrels at HCT have now fledged and I was very fortunate at this mornings wild bird feed to see them all in action, although i did not manage to get them all in the frame at the same time lol.

WDYT

Stan

7D,420mm, 1/1250, f5.6, ISO 800

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Juvenile Kestrels at the Hawk Conservancy

They look lovely, the first shot is almost as if the second bird is walking across the first

Comment

3 excellent shots Stan. I guess the Kestrel in the first shot was coming in to land regardless of who's in the way, lol

Comment

A great set of shots Stan.
        Would have been better if they had been out last week when I was at the HCT with Colin C and Brian Squibb...

David
        David

Comment

Cheers guys
          I guess the Kestrel in the first shot was coming in to land regardless of who's in the way, lol
          he was, and in the second too
          Would have been better if they had been out last week when I was at the HCT with Colin C and Brian Squibb...
          you could always go again

Stan

flickr

Comment

David, Stan let me know when you're next at HCT, especially if it's a weekend and we could meet up

Comment

Hi Glenn
              I am at HCT most weeks, on my own during the week and with my wife, Dee, usually on a Sunday although our next visit will be wednesday next week on a photo day - we both won a section of last years HCT photo competition. Will ley you know when we are next there on a weekend

Stan

flickr

Comment

You should come to me with unlimited opportunities to take pictures of our goats and sheep - no fences or wire to lmit you.
                ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                  You should come to me with unlimited opportunities to take pictures of our goats and sheep - no fences or wire to lmit you.
                  Sold, where do I sign up??

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    Hi Glenn
                    I am at HCT most weeks, on my own during the week and with my wife, Dee, usually on a Sunday although our next visit will be wednesday next week on a photo day - we both won a section of last years HCT photo competition. Will ley you know when we are next there on a weekend

Stan
                    Cool. Was just having a nose at the entries for this years comp, some good photos there

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
                      A great set of shots Stan.

David
                      Errr, David they were out together.

There were four of them out together at one stage, but the wind was so good for hovering etc, that they were just enjoying themselves flying around, with little or no effort. Because the wind was so good for them, they only landed on "Ashley's Dead Tree" one at a time.

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                        Errr, David they were out together.

There were four of them out together at one stage, but the wind was so good for hovering etc, that they were just enjoying themselves flying around, with little or no effort. Because the wind was so good for them, they only landed on "Ashley's Dead Tree" one at a time.

Colin
                        oops.... just had a look at the shots I took the other day and found a shot of one of them on the same branch.....
                        You very possibly mentioned they were the young Kestrels but I blame Brian's beard for making it difficult to hear what you were saying as it was muffling all sounds....
                        David

Comment

Working...
                        X