Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kingfisher

Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Like most of your shots posted this is a bit on the dark side and I wonder what sort if any processing you are using and if you are shooting raw or jpeg

Also unless your subject is looking straight ahead or you have two looking at each other, then you should always allow more canvas in the direction they are looking than behind, to give the impression they are looking/ moving into the frame rather than out

This is just a quick edit to demonstrate

Stan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13789[/ATTACH]
    Great feedback on composition Stan and your edit demonstrates the point well thankyou , in terms of my photos I always shhoot RAW images and process them through DPP
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

I have never used DPP as such, did try it once but was much too limiting in what you could do. iT is probably Ok for very basic adjustments but for tweaking Photoshop is far better. either Elements is quite cheap or as I have , get the full Photoshop CC for only £8.50 a month

sTan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        I have never used DPP as such, did try it once but was much too limiting in what you could do. iT is probably Ok for very basic adjustments but for tweaking Photoshop is far better. either Elements is quite cheap or as I have , get the full Photoshop CC for only £8.50 a month

sTan
        I have photoshop eleMents 9 Stan but to be honest it appeared too complicated for my limited skills and I could never find enough time to do it justice. I now take the view that although in comparison DPP is limited if I have to do too much editing to get a half decent image then I have taken a pretty poor photo to start with so DPP serves me well albeit I take on board your point about some of the images being slightly dark , I might need to get to specsavers !!
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

I have never used DPP as such, did try it once but was much too limiting in what you could do.
          I disagree, what do you actually need to do to a photo, if you need to completely alter the image then Ps/lightroom is the way to go.
          If not DPP is great for making your images sparkle I've hardly ever put my photos through Ps unless it was to add a title or clone something out.

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
            I disagree, what do you actually need to do to a photo, if you need to completely alter the image then Ps/lightroom is the way to go.
            If not DPP is great for making your images sparkle I've hardly ever put my photos through Ps unless it was to add a title or clone something out.

Paul
            That is my view Paul , DPP serves me fine as its only ever tweaking I need to do . If it needs major work I scrap it as it clearly wasnt very good in the first place.
            Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Originally posted by Dawesy View Post
              That is my view Paul , DPP serves me fine as its only ever tweaking I need to do . If it needs major work I scrap it as it clearly wasnt very good in the first place.
              Agree DPP does everything i need and more, though i do have elements 13 to fall back on if ever needed

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
              X