fieldfares and blue sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fieldfares and blue sky

a couple of hours sunshine yesterday ,what a difference it makes to the photos ,back to the grey overcast again today ,while taking these using the car as a portable hide ,but also wearing full camo gear ,we actually had a police car pass us turn around then pull up alongside and enquire what we were doing .they really are getting hot on security nice to know but still makes me feel uneasy .as i assume a member of the public had called them.

the boys in blue by jeff cohen, on Flickr

tree topper by jeff cohen, on Flickr
    Last edited by the black fox; 19-11-2015, 16:00.

Re: fieldfares and blue sky

I'm surprised you didn't post the other one up in this set Jeff - much better shot IMO
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Of the tree shots the last is by far the better one with no distractions

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Very nice images , being a bit urban it has to be very cold before they come into my garden, only 1 last year

Alan

Comment

Nice images of one of our more colourful winter visitors.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
            I'm surprised you didn't post the other one up in this set Jeff - much better shot IMO
            Think I agree with Ian on this one Jeff, I like to see the wild animals in their environment.
            Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Nice set Jeff

Tom

Comment

i'm not sure how others work ,but when i manage to get shots like these (and this was spread over a morning visit in the rain and a return in the afternoon when the sun broke through ) i under those circumstances take a couple or few hundred shots then gradually eliminate the good ones from the bad .it takes time and then they need p.p as well .theres a fair probability that the first shot white background was taken in the morning ,processed midday and then posted on flickr and here early afternoon ,the sunshine shots would have been processed and posted late afternoon or evening hence two separate posts on here .
                one of the joys of having 24/7 leisure time

Comment

Lovely, I love the "chuck chuck" warning calls.

David
                  PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
                    Lovely, I love the "chuck chuck" warning calls.

David
                    unfortunately about the only bird i can hear is the blackbird ,yes i can wear my hearing aids but more often than not there defeated by either high winds or feedback whistles from wearing a heavy duty coat .
                    98% of my birding is done eyes only as i simply can't hear the birds but hopefully that has enhanced my ability to spot the slightest movement more

Comment

Working...
                    X