great tit looking scruffy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great tit looking scruffy

another shot with the 1D3 + sigma 150-600S + kenko 1.4dgx.HD ,if anything i would say its improved the lens a few %
    scruffy by jeff cohen, on Flickr

Re: great tit looking scruffy

Fantastic detail Jeff , just dont know how you get such consistently pin sharp shots.
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Great shot, shame you clipped the end of the tail though..
      Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Originally posted by Dawesy View Post
        Fantastic detail Jeff , just dont know how you get such consistently pin sharp shots.
        just paying attention to what i,m doing really ,last week due to the low light at this spot i had to bin quiet a lot of shots ,this time using the t.c as well i resorted to the tripod ,this is shot at 840mm and in low light i think its helped immensely .
        the whole point of sundays shoot though was to test out a/f speed and accuracy on close subjects with the t.c fitted ,hence i made a couple of slight adjustments to the lens learning from last weeks shots .i.e i shortened the focus range to 15mtrs maximum and also switched the a/f from accuracy to speed both on my C1 adjustment C2 is left alone though .seems to have worked

Comment

Originally posted by Reevo View Post
          Great shot, shame you clipped the end of the tail though..

as comment above a perfect picture book shot was not the intended purpose of the shoot and the lens was locked down at 840mm .these birds flit in and out so quickly that to mess with settings means a totally lost shot anyway.

Comment

Do you make those adjustments with the USB dock? I didn't buy one with my lens, thought I'd see how well it worked first, but I might get one if it's worth it.
            EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Another great shot.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

high tide weds nat

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                  .these birds flit in and out so quickly that to mess with settings means a totally lost shot anyway.
                  Surely you wouldn't have needed to mess with the settings, just point the lens a tiny bit to the right.

John

Comment

this is virtually full frame john .and you don't have time to react its not a airfix model after all

Comment

Nice detail Jeff
                      Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                        Do you make those adjustments with the USB dock? I didn't buy one with my lens, thought I'd see how well it worked first, but I might get one if it's worth it.
                        oh yes its definitely worth it ,it turns the lens from a above average one into a super all singing all dancing one .and any changes can be re-done over and over again till you get the settings that perform best for your lens and your camera

Comment

Nice and sharp. Well done Jeff

Tom

Comment

Truly amazing detail Jeff.

Bill.
                            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                            X