Morning with Jeff and the birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning with Jeff and the birds

Had the pleasure on Monday of meeting Jeff Cohen aka blackfox wildlife who kindly gave me some of his time to try out his Sigma 150-600mm lens as I am thinking of buying one . It was great to try it out and more importantly for me to pick up some great tips and techniques on fieldcraft , photography and post processing from someone who clearly knows how to take fantastic wildlife photos. These are a couple of shots I took with my 7D2 and Jeff's Sigma and thanks again Jeff I really enjoyed the morning.
    DPP_7D220160003 by steve dawes, on Flickr
    DPP_7D220160000 by steve dawes, on Flickr
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Re: Morning with Jeff and the birds

no problem steve you know where i live now ,and what i mean when i talk about the view from home

Comment

Clearly his skills are rubbing off Steve
      Shirts look great
      Cheers
      Dave

Comment

Two good images Steve, particularly the 2nd, Jeff knows hes doing and his advice and experience will help you greatly

Gord

Comment

Nice shots Steve. I like the Oyster catcher shot much better and it is also one of my favourite birds. I note that BlackFox also taught you some field craft and so you must be an expert on his "belly crawl" to get near the subject without disturbing it!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nice job

Tom

Comment

Although I never bother with gulls as such, your second shot looks good. The oystercatcher whilst looking quite sharp is quite a difficult bird to expose for and the black areas look a bit too light and the white feathers lacking in detail

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys

Steve
                Steve ( LSINWP )
                1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
                X