X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starlings are back.

Kinmel Bay 1st March 2016 013 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Kinmel Bay 1st March 2016 012 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Starlings are back.

To high a p.o.v nat ,do like I do and try to get them at eye level rather than looking down on them ,for instance when putting seed out put on top of the wall ,that way you would have a nice sky or sea background ,or even put some into the sand dunes at eye level .taking the position of the sun into account as well .also try not to post pics with the birds ocular obscuring the eye.
    More lessons needed after your hols

Comment

Agree with Jeff with POV. Just clicked through to Flickr and plenty of detail, assume this is Tamron.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

It's a well detailed pair of shots Nat but against a path like that lacks interest.

Also, one of the groups you put it into - Field Guide: Birds of the World - mandates the latin name in the tags for the picture - I think this is "Sturnus vulgaris" but I'm not completely sure.
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Nice images Nat, Ocular,Sturnus Vulgaris we have some learned people on this forum

Alan

Comment

Nat

Tom

Comment

nat to illustrate what i mean ,this was taken from the spot you parked your car on our last meet up ,facing the sand dunes with afternoon sun behind me ,seed placed in the grass to get them into the right position ,as you now know they are not bothered by humans so you can get as close as you like
              sandy shores by jeff cohen, on Flickr

Comment

Good detail in your shots Nat but Jeff is spot about the POV and background, lovely shot here Jeff.

Lens looks very good though Nat.

Regards Paul

Comment

Well if we're into demo shots 7D2, Sigma 150-600C, ISO 160, 1/400th, f8 and at 600mm. This one was perched on a tree just below the top of telegraph pole height.

Starling by Andy Mulhearn, on Flickr
                  EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Andy the idea of posting my pic is the fact that nat and myself know exactly where nats first two shots were taken .and my demo one was taken from where he parks his car ,there are lots of possibilities at this beach side venue ,and my idea was to jog him into upping his game .i will be hopefully meeting up within a few weeks as the weather gets better to help him along further

Comment

Jeff, no criticism intended and Nat, none to you either. Hence the big grin. So if it was taken that way then I apologise, that wasn't my intention.

Comment

no probs andy .nat only lives about ten miles away so we share the same places to visit to a degree

Comment

Hi! folks thanks for all your comments- positive and negative. Even though I never mention to Jeff where I have been, he knows from the views where I have been. Jeff has roamed all over North Wales, even before I arrived on the scene.

I attach 3 pics taken from the normal view point.

Kinmel Bay 1st March 2016 007 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Kinmel Bay 1st March 2016 008 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Kinmel Bay 1st March 2016 006 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

The bottom one would be my choice nat. ,but cropped in more to enhance it and re.worked if taken in raw to lift it a bit brightness/ saturation wise

Comment

Working...
                            X