X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kestrel Hunting

Kestrel Hunting by honda1998rrw, on Flickr

Re: Kestrel Hunting

It's a good capture of a classic Kestrel Pose, it is a bit soft and looks like you have over sharpened it to compensate, it's also a bit tight in the frame.
    Being a small bird I assume it's cropped by a long way, as a general rule always leave a bit more space at the front than at the back, it makes it look as if the bird has space to fly into.
    Good effort at a difficult subject though, it doesn't get much harder than birds in flight, but there are many excellent Bird Togs on here who will be pleased to give you advice much better than I can.
    Keep them coming

Regards Paul
    Last edited by pelliott1954; 05-03-2016, 00:27.

Comment

I think Paul nailed it with his assessment.

Tom

Comment

Paul is quite right (note to self... Stop Over-cropping images!)
        The original wasn't sharpened to this extent but I read yesterday that smaller images need more sharpening, so wrongly applied a little more before posting!
        ps Kestrels in flight are easier as when they hover they are relatively static and pre-occupied.

Comment

Critique has been said but classic pose, hope to see another one when you get the chance

Alan

Comment

Also looks quite noisy as well.

If you include the EXIF info with your posts it makes it much easier to identify what may be the cause of any problems

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Working...
            X