Images from the Wetlands Wild Fowl Trust, Slimbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images from the Wetlands Wild Fowl Trust, Slimbridge

Having seen the comments from a forum member I thought I'd visit this place after some time and attach some images for your C&C.

(i) Heron posing away- taken from one of the Hides.

(ii) Black Swan

(iii0 Shell Duck??

(iv) South American Flamingoes

(v) Caribbeab Flamingo scooping up slith & algae

(vi) Common Flamingo- Head & Neck

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Images from the Wetlands Wild Fowl Trust, Slimbridge

Hello Nathaniel;

WELL DONE: I think these are some of your best shots yet... I specially like the Heron...

BTW; your 'Shell Duck ?' is a Greylag Goose...

Looks like you had a reasonable day down at Slimbridge...

Keep it up...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Nice sieries of photos Nathaniel...I like the flamingo's head
      EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Nathaniel,
        Great set, I like the Heron and the Flamingo head. The OOF background of the Flamingo really shows off the head.

David
        David

Comment

Bloody Hell Nathaniel!

Exposure spot on, composition good to excellent, backgrounds sympathetic to each subject, appropriate format for each subject and all except the greylag taken at the subjects eyelevel. Nothing to fault, so very well done.

I particularly like the heron, with the flamingo group a close second.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Thats praise indeed,Colin C, from an expert wild life photographer! I have tried to show in the background something of the bird's environment, rather than make it too artificial. I could have shot these in RAW/Jpeg but I was too tired to experiment!!! I went for a wedding to Slough on Saturday, and after a night on the tiles,I left the hotel early in the morning and headed towards Slimbridge (much to the annoyance of SWMBO) and spent a good few hours there.( That explains why I could not bend my knees & backsides to get to the level of the Graylag). All the other technicalities I learnt via the advice of all you good people as DOF (using f8 or higher),TV/Av,WB etc.

However, I will start on RAW/JPEG very soon. Can JPEG photos be amended via DPP? The Tutorial states it can be done!
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

I went for a wedding to Slough
              Anything in Slough is reason to spend a night on the tiles... best view of Slough is in the rear view mirror of your car....

David
              David

Comment

Aye! I fully agree. But the wedding was at the Marriott hotel and so was the reception.That was plush to say the least but to leave the car overnight at the hotel cost me an extra £9!! So I never got into Slough proper. Not my kind of city/town. I am a country bumpkin!

Comment

Nathaniel, well done a great set of pictures, I like the heron and flamingo's head the best.

Having left the High Wycombe / Slough area some 30 years ago I had to go to a training course in Slough last year and to be honest that was somthing that I probably won't be rushing back for again. Having said that it did give me the excuse to go to Beaconsfield and get a nice meal in one of the restaurants there. Slimbridge would have seemed like a very good therpy.

I hope you have now fully recovered

Comment

Working...
                  X