couple of shots with the rogue safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of shots with the rogue safari

a couple of shots from yesterday using the rogue safari pop up flash convertor ,the diffuser seems to have worked well with it to. out of interest both these birds were that dark i couldn't even see them through the viewfinder properly .so yes it really does work .
    for nats interest the best way to use this is in raw as otherwise the birds eyes take on a funny colour ,i had to adjust this with pet-eye (red eye reduction) although that might also be possible in j-peg

the little rogue by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

uphill struggle by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr
    Last edited by the black fox; 08-11-2016, 12:42.

Re: couple of shots with the rogue safari

These a simply excellent. I know from my previous use of the SR pop up the bird's eyes were "white" dots which I got rid up with the cloning tool not very satisfactorily. I need to make a decent diffuser which goes over the front of the SR pop up. Anyway, you have shown that the accessory does work and work very well too.

P.S The beauty of this accessory is that it eliminates the dreaded noise as you don't have to increase ISO.
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 08-11-2016, 19:54.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Certainly makes the most of poor light . Have you tried it in better light as a fill in ? Assuming the flash was the main light source here ?

Comment

Not yet tried it as a fill in mark ,and by putting my MKi diffuser ( milk carton side) on it i have taken away its long range advantage ,but it's work in progress as I have now got another pop up flash diffuser to play with so might take the one off the safari .i love my little gadgets even more so when they work. As I said initially it was that dark under the tree cover I couldn't even see the birds in the viewfinder

Comment

Excellent shots - love them both

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
          James Boardman Woodend
          www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

That seems to work very well Jeff.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for the comments

Comment

Very nice detail Jeff.

Tom

Comment

Thanks tom

Comment

Love them both, I`ve got to get one too.

Comment

did you take any without the flash firing just so we can see how dark it was and how effective the flash is?
                      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

thanks dave ,cheap enough at around £12 .

no alan but trust me it was extremely dark ,as stated i couldn't even focus properly as it was so dark in there

Comment

Working...
                        X