Little Egret fly pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Egret fly pass

It was a pleasure to see three on a local lake , where I have not seen them before .

Egret fly pass by Mark Powter, on Flickr

Re: Little Egret fly pass

Nice one mark ,though if you used Lightroom you could lower the highlights and bring detail into the wing tops ,just saying like LOL

Comment

Nicely captured Mark

Tom

Comment

Cheers Tom , thanks Jeff , I did lower the highlights in elements , but there is no highlights adjustment in it`s raw converter , it`s why I would like to learn a bit more about lightroom . It wasn`t burnt out at all , but I agree there is a bit more detail to be had .

Comment

very nice shot but yes you could get more detail lowering the highlights and white in RAW

Why not bite the bullet and subscribe to Photoshop CC, its RAW converter is almost identical to lightrooms but you can then do so much more with Photoshop - wouldnt be without it myself

stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Like it, very nice shot Mark

Comment

Thanks Stan , Dave .

Comment

My favourite part - the feet. The shape and the colour just add something different, another viewpoint of focus.
                EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Mark nice work not a easy shot to get
                  EOS 1DXII 5DIII 7DII 600MM F4IS 100MM 2.8 IS 24-70MM 2.8 SIGMA 150-600 5.6-6.3 S
                  Had 1DIV 5DII 500MM F4 IS 70MM-200MM 2.8 IS II

Comment

Cheers Rich , Derek .

Comment

What RAW converter are you using Mark ?
                      Steve ( LSINWP )
                      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Cracking shot

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul .

Steve I am currently using the raw converter that came with elements 10 , it is a bit lacking tool wise these days . I do have Lightroom which I got free with my 5Dmklll , but only just dipping my toes in water regarding using it . Why do you ask ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
                            Thanks Paul .

Steve I am currently using the raw converter that came with elements 10 , it is a bit lacking tool wise these days . I do have Lightroom which I got free with my 5Dmklll , but only just dipping my toes in water regarding using it . Why do you ask ?
                            Because I only use DPP and elements for my processing and my raw converter in elements has a highlight and shadows slider etc but you said previously in this post yours didn't and I was curious.
                            Steve ( LSINWP )
                            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Oh I see Steve , my Elements software is a little old now , I am on version 10 , it does have a recovery slider but that`s about all to combat the highlights . My DPP obviously has highlights and shadow adjusters , but I find it a bit clunky . I have not played with the latest DPP , I simply have not got the time , though I see it has stepped up a gear tool wise . Which version of Elements are you using ?

Comment

Working...
                              X