Glossy Ibis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glossy Ibis

There is a lot of excitement at Stanpit Marsh by Christchurch Harbour following the sighting of this very rare bird who has been feeding on the marsh for the past few days. Decided to have a look for myself this afternoon. No sign when i arrived but within about 5 minutes he flew in and was still there two hours later. Not at all bothered by the photographers and birders watching at some points he was feeding close to the path where we were standing no more than a few feet away.
    A real privilage to watch and take shots of him. Heres a couple processed so far
    WDYT

Stan

7D, 420mm, 1/800, f5.6, ISO 800

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Glossy Ibis

Hi Stan;

WELL DONE!

These are rare is Southern Europe; so it's a long way off it's beaten-track...

Interpreting what's been recorded on Bird Forum; it looks like this bird may be part of a 'flock' (of 16-18!!!!) that has made it's way across the South-East from Kent to London, and now down to the coast!

Looks like it/they have been around for 2/3 weeks in all...

Great record shots...

Cheers...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Stan,
      Two great shots. I like the OOF bg as it highlights the bird.

David
      David

Comment

Thanks for looking CF and David
        Looks like it/they have been around for 2/3 weeks in all...
        hopefully for a few more days as well, I'd like to see him again and Dee wants to try for some shots as well
        Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Working...
        X