Me! Me! Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me! Me! Me!

We have robins nesting in the back porch (again) and the young hatched last Friday. There are 5 chicks, all seemingly well.

The parents are busy feeding.

Not a very good image, since a pretty heavy crop - I shall try a longer lens next time and yes, flash was used and the bird did not seem troubled by it.

Me! Me! Me! by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Me! Me! Me!

Its a little dark, personally I don take pictures of birds on or at the nest
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thank you for looking Trev.

Originally posted by Canonboy View Post
      Its a little dark, personally I don take pictures of birds on or at the nest
      Normally, neither would I, but as I noted above, these birds are nesting in our rear porch which is the only entry/exit point to the house (there are other exits, but no other entries).

They have therefore built the nest, laid the eggs, incubated and hatched them - all with us in and out of the back door all day. I concluded that the taking of a photograph would be of no more disturbance to them than all they have already withstood.
      John Liddle

Comment

Nice one John and a heavy crop indicates you kept a distance.

Popped my head into a box of scaffolding poles near where I work, (Keeping my distance) and there are some nesting wagtail chicks, I have been feeding the parents and they had been scurrying back and forth to the box, so I peeped to see if it was a nest, it is, so I have been dropping food for them closer, thus lightening their workload.... they LOVE flapjack.

Hopefully I will get some photos when they leave the nest as the mum normally brings them to my workplace to eat, she was taking food from my hand last year ( the parent ) during the feeding period. They come around my feet looking for lunch Lol, most i have had at one time was 32!! outside.
        Last edited by TonyT; 29-06-2017, 15:13.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
          Nice one John and a heavy crop indicates you kept a distance.

Popped my head into a box of scaffolding poles near where I work, (Keeping my distance) and there are some nesting wagtail chicks, I have been feeding the parents and they had been scurrying back and forth to the box, so I peeped to see if it was a nest, it is, so I have been dropping food for them closer, thus lightening their workload.... they LOVE flapjack.

Hopefully I will get some photos when they leave the nest as the mum normally brings them to my workplace to eat, she was taking food from my hand last year ( the parent ) during the feeding period. They come around my feet looking for lunch Lol, most i have had at one time was 32!! outside.
          Thanks for looking Tony - I was not in fact present when the photo was taken - I was firing the camera (which I had mounted on the opposite side of the porch to the nest) from inside the house with the rear door shut using the CannonConnect app on my 'phone - isn't technology wonderful!

You are certainly fortunate with the wagtails - it must be lovely to see so many at once.
          John Liddle

Comment

well taken John

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X