A Shropshire Osprey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Shropshire Osprey

Absolutely thrilled to see this Osprey make an appearance at one of my local reserves. I got the ring number of one of my shots and had it confirmed that it was a two year old Male bird that was hatched in the Tweed Valley in Scotland as one of two chicks in a nest. At that age he is not a breeding bird so I was somewhat surprised to see him in the middle of Shropshire in mid summer. He had been spotted in a few locations along the River Severn and I was lucky he turned up to try a spot of fishing at the reserve. He made two dives into the pool but unfortunately missed on both occasions although it was great to watch him circling , hovering like a Kestrel and then plunging into the water. Managed quite a number of shots and these are a small selection
    Male Osprey (Pandion haliaetus ) by steve dawes, on Flickr
    Male Osprey (Pandion haliaetus ) by steve dawes, on Flickr
    Osprey ( Pandion haliaetus ) by steve dawes, on Flickr
    Osprey ( Pandion haliaetus ) by steve dawes, on Flickr
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Re: A Shropshire Osprey

Great spot Steve & even better shots, it's no2 for me, love it when the hover. I am always in a boat fishing when I spot them up here, so have never got my camera with me, got soaked once when one caught a trout & flew over our boat shaking off the excess water.

Comment

Excellent set, Steve. All good but I'm drawn to #3 the most. Still yet to see an osprey, let alone get a shot of one!
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Number 2 and 3 for me Steve ,next time phone me LOL

Comment

Very special to see your first Osprey in this country and even better to bag a few photo's to show for it.
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
            Very special to see your first Osprey in this country and even better to bag a few photo's to show for it.
            Seen and photographed plenty in the UK Colin but a first in my home County of Shropshire
            Steve ( LSINWP )
            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Excellent set Steve
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Beautiful set Steve

Tom

Comment

Amazing.....and in my own home county too.....though now Im living next door.
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

lovely shots Steve

stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Fantastic Steve , love No.3 - a Natural habitat shot to me , just been reading that the Kielder youngsters are starting to head South .
                      Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

Nice series Steve.
                        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback
                          Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Must of been thrilling , well done for getting such nice photos , and interesting info .

Comment

Great set Steve, no shots and never seen one fishing! #3 for me.
                              Regards
                              Rob.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sparkygb/

Comment

Working...
                              X