Coal Tits

Taken at Barnwell Country Park

Coal Tit by Carol Leather, on Flickr

Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Re: Coal Tits

Nice set
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Very nice set, but number 3 is my favourite. A very nice side on view, but there is also a good balance with him on the left, looking to the right and the perch being on the right. The perch and the background are also very natural and appropriate to the shot.

You have just nipped the downward protrusions on the end of the perch; is this a full frame or is there a little slack in the crop to bring them back? Very minor nit-picking I know, but with those returned, there is nothing for any Judge to criticise.
      Colin

Comment

Thank you Trev and Colin.

Colin, there was a slight crop (messy at that) of number 3, so I have removed it and re-uploaded.

Coal Tit recropped by Carol Leather, on Flickr
        Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Comment

Perfect Carol, well done.
          Colin

Comment

Thank you, Colin.
            Regards,

Carol

Comment

Lovely set Carol and good advice from Colin that you have executed perfectly. It sometimes takes a fresh pair of eyes to spot things that are obvious after the fact.
              Chris
              80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thank you, Chris. Yes, I totally missed that I had cropped off the bottom like that.
                Regards,

Carol

Comment

Yes, I totally missed that I had cropped off the bottom like that.
                  Many of you are aware that I used to be a Camera Club Judge and one of the skills of being an effective Judge is to recognise weak points of an image: technical problems, poor composition, distractions from the main subject, highlights towards the edge of a shot, etc, etc. Consequently I am aware of what I need to do to "polish" a shot, leaving little or nothing for a Judge to criticise. Even with all that knowledge, I sometimes miss the obvious and very much welcome the thoughts of friends and family before submitting an image for competition.

Having said that, you should always take an image to please you rather than a Judge, but a little polishing of the final image always helps.
                  Colin

Comment

I really appreciate your help, Colin. Thank you again.
                    Regards,

Carol

Comment

Really nice set of shots, especially the edited version.

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                      Many of you are aware that I used to be a Camera Club Judge and one of the skills of being an effective Judge is to recognise weak points of an image: technical problems, poor composition, distractions from the main subject, highlights towards the edge of a shot, etc, etc. Consequently I am aware of what I need to do to "polish" a shot, leaving little or nothing for a Judge to criticise. Even with all that knowledge, I sometimes miss the obvious and very much welcome the thoughts of friends and family before submitting an image for competition.

Having said that, you should always take an image to please you rather than a Judge, but a little polishing of the final image always helps.
                      Excellent advice from Colin, particularly the final sentence.

John

Comment

Those are very nice Carol .

Comment

Nice set Carol, love the inquisitive look

Paul

Comment

Thank you for your comments everyone.
                            Regards,

Carol

Comment

Working...
                            X