Hedge Sparrow in golden light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedge Sparrow in golden light

Spotted through living room window this morning sitting in the hedge.

Hedge Sparrow (Dunnock) 2 by Carol Leather, on Flickr

Hedge Sparrow (Dunnock) by Carol Leather, on Flickr
    Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Re: Hedge Sparrow in golden light

I think you will find this is a dunnock and works very much better than the other sparrow as the bird stands out from the background and lots more detail in the feathers

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      I think you will find this is a dunnock and works very much better than the other sparrow as the bird stands out from the background and lots more detail in the feathers

stan
      Hedge Sparrow is another name for Dunnock`s Stan , though you seldom hear them called that these days .

Nice peaceful look to your photos Carol , a touch to warm for me , but very nice all the same .

Comment

Well composed images Carol

Tom

Comment

Two real nice images.
          Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Yes, I had put Dunnock in the name, but titled it hedge sparrows as that is where they were, on top of the hedge. :)

I had the white balance set to shade which I think accounts for the overly warm tone. Perhaps as they were in the light above the hedge I should have set it for daylight or auto?
            Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Comment

Nice couple of shots from a window, serene look

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
                Thank you everyone. Yes, I had put Dunnock in the name, but titled it hedge sparrows as that is where they were, on top of the hedge. :)

I had the white balance set to shade which I think accounts for the overly warm tone. Perhaps as they were in the light above the hedge I should have set it for daylight or auto?
                Some people like the warmer look , and it does suit some photos better than others , not suggesting it`s wrong Carol , just personal choice . You can always flick through the white balance settings if your shooting Raw , in Photoshop or DPP to see which you like best , your not stuck with the one you used in camera at the time .

Comment

Can anyone help me understand what has happened? The top picture in this thread has had an "Explore" on Flickr. But I am not sure what that means.
                  Regards,

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
                    Can anyone help me understand what has happened? The top picture in this thread has had an "Explore" on Flickr. But I am not sure what that means.
                    Sure someone will explain it , but it`s a very good thing your pic got chose Carol .

Comment

Working...
                    X