Red Kites at Gigrin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Kites at Gigrin

2010 Nov WRC Gigrin Farm red kites-4688.jpg2010 Nov WRC Gigrin Farm red kites-4672.jpg2010 Nov Slimbridge & Gigrin-4556.jpg

Amazing place in Rhayader, Mid Wales, where they feed these beautiful birds each day. They are so quick it was a challenge with the 500F4 on my 7D. I like the Buzzard getting buzzed!
    Rob
    (Still trying to sort getting bigger images uploaded!)

Re: Red Kites at Gigrin

Hi Rob
    lovely shots, looks a very exciting place to be around feeding time. I liked 3 as well, bet that Buzzard doesn't get chased off like that often!
    David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
    All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Great shot again Robert,Should look even better full size,
      Think there's a link from Crodecrome some where on the form how to get full sized images up.
      I use photobucket to do mine which i find the easiest.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

It is the place to go for guaranteed Red Kites and you have done well.

The buzzard looks like a male, the kites wouldn't have been quite so brave with a much larger female.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Gigrin is a great place and you got some good action. Real shame that the buzzard/kite shot is not sharper

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Working...
          X