buzzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buzzard

took this today, friends buzzard,please tell me what you think as I am still not sure about my metering modes.sharp body out of focus head on 90%....thanks

buzzard_1 by grandadpem, on Flickr

Re: buzzard

Looks slightly over sharpened but beak and eye look nice and sharp and a nice catchlight in the eye. A menacing look :)
    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

It looks good to me, with a nice 3D effect from the out of focus background. Bit of a youngster, but in super condition.

For your sharp body, out of focus head, always focus on the eye. To an extent, as long as the eye is sharp, you can almost get away with anything else out of focus.

I saw your buzzard montage and liked it. A tiny bit of attention to detail with the edges of the buzzard and it would be very good. May I suggest blur of around 20% applied to the edges with a very small brush of around 5 pixels, set at 30% hardness.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Thanks colin, did that montage about 2 years ago.It,s a poor attempt i know, ithink what you have suggested would be spot on so will try that with somthing newer..cheers

Comment

thanks jim,will have to make sure i dont over do iy next time...really like your baby photos..best one is of baby asleep on towels

Comment

Great image, there's just something not quite right, something that's putting me off,It's your Avatar i can't concentrate on the image without looking to my left all the time:

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
              ..............something that's putting me off,It's your Avatar i can't concentrate on the image without looking to my left all the time:

Paul
              know just what you mean Paul. . . . having said that Pembo, it makes me chuckle every time I see it
              Love the pic of the Buzzard, I think it looks great.
              David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
              All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

thankyou pinkeez, that really is me lol

Comment

Working...
                X