Out of the shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the shadows

Another in the HCT sequence. She's looking quite mean in this shot!

1D MKIV + 500mm f4 L IS + 1.4x and I still needed to crop it a little. Background darkened a little for effect.

Colin
    Colin

Re: Out of the shadows

Those eyes !!!!

Another brilliant shot Colin

David
    David

Comment

mean, moody and magnificent! :)
      My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

Hi Colin;

Don't wanna be picky for a man of your abilities ....... but......... looks like you still have a bit of tidying up to do along the top/right body line. I can't make out what it is, but it doesn't look like feathers!

Other than that, excellent framing. A very unusual presentation. Makes her look like one of the Martian war machines from War-of-the-Worlds...

Cheers...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi C F

I welcome criticism as well as anyone, but the area on the top right body line is part of her tail, in the shadows and out of focus. It looks perfectly good in the original H-Res image, but I fully accept your comment that it isn't working here. I get so used to my shots when I am working with them that sometimes I miss the obvious, which is why we all appreciate a fresh pair of eyes to look and comment.

The upload/photobucket process hasn't done it any favours on this occasion and if I had previewed the shot, I might have made it more obvious, or taken it out. I put her on a separate layer so that I could darken the background a little, so it is only a few moments to add a layer mask and fade out the tail. Little job for this evening methinks!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Hi Colin;

...but the area on the top right body line is part of her tail...
            THANKS; I see that now. I just couldn't make out what it was beforehand. I guess the tail must have been fully-flaired...

No offence intended
            I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
            Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi Colin,

Bloomin' heck, mate - that's a cracker. The thing I love about birds of prey is their eyes - the look of total 100% concentration is always there. Fabulous, shot!

TTFN,
              Neil
              Neilly's Flickr Page
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
              Facebook
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
                No offence intended
                And none taken.

I post, people comment, if I'm lucky it's nice comments. If i've missed something, or it's not up to standard, comments won't be so nice.

As long as there is no malice involved, I can't ask fairer than that, as I value peoples honest opinions.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Excellent Colin
                  Darkening the background has really made her pop

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Superb shot Colin, as always. I like these eerie sort of photos. It needs Count Dracula to complete the picture.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

As CF says the tail does look a little odd in this version. Im sure in large one it would be more obvious its a tail but its a lovely shot well taken, great eyes.

Comment

Excellent photo Colin

Comment

Wow Colin, what a cracking shot. Even SWMBO was impressed!
                          David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                          All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
                          X