A few pics from my visit to THC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few pics from my visit to THC

Sorry not to see anyone from the Forum at the Conservancy (not that I was aware of any way). It was almost too bright at times making it hard to control contrast and tones but I still had to use ISO 400 - 800 to get decent shutter speed - its a funny old place for photography (for me at least.)

I finally got the chance to give the 70-300 LIS a proper work out with some "Real" birds and was pretty pleased with the way it performed. I've just got back from the Camera Club so haven't had much chance to pick to many keepers but thought these two may amuse.

The first one was the result of suddenly realising that one of the Vultures in the low flying display looked to be coming straight at me, so I did the sensible thing and put the camera in the way. Its full width but cropped to a 5:1 letter box

The second was taken when they were firing "Chicken Bits" up to try for an inverted catch. I reckon the one below is shouting "Show Off" to its mate who managed the "Invert"

Probably going to be more some more as I process them - sorry in advance!

My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Re: A few pics from my visit to THC

You've done well Brian, the inverted Kites aren't an easy capture.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Great set Brian.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

The kite shot does it for me, difficult shot, well captured.

Vulture just a bit too tight in the frame for me.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Working...
        X