Little Egret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Egret

It has been a while since I've posted one of my images, so here's one taken from the lagoon hide on Brownsea Island back in September 2010.

1D MKIV, 700mm (500mm + 1.4x), ISO 200, TV 1/3200, AV 5.6

Thanks for looking

Re: Little Egret

That's a nice shot Glenn, good detail and exposure control and the shallow DOF gives it an "arty" feel (What's that funny marking across it's chest feathers though? )

Must get out to Brownsea again soon, haven't seen any Avocets yet this Winter
    My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
      It has been a while since I've posted one of my images,....
      and more's the pity for that I say . . that is a really cracking shot Glenn
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

might just be my eyes, but is the background blur photo-shop enhanced?

Comment

Thanks for your comments

Originally posted by stalker View Post
          might just be my eyes, but is the background blur photo-shop enhanced?
          I did apply a Gaussian blur at 10% opacity which would have a very slight effect otherwise it's as shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
            I did apply a Gaussian blur at 10% opacity which would have a very slight effect otherwise it's as shot.
            oh good I'm not going mad then :) I shall now go back to spotting people miming on TV when they should be singing live instead ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by stalker View Post
              oh good I'm not going mad then :) I shall now go back to spotting people miming on TV when they should be singing live instead ;-)
              lol

Comment

Working...
              X