My only decent (ish) Kestrel...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only decent (ish) Kestrel...........

Taken today, on the my to see my Mum, stopped in the middle of the road, as you do and managed to get a few shots off before it flew off or a car came up behind me. I thouht I'd overexposed it enough, but 1 and 2/3 overwould probably have been better..

Last edited by Adi7r; 27-02-2011, 08:46.

Re: My only decent (ish) Kestrel...........

Exposure looks spot on to me, with lots of definition in spite of the overcast lighting. That same lighting has subdued his colouring slightly and a small tweek to the white blance would rectify that.

Well done.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to correct the exposure too much in processing, in case it made the image too noisy.
      I take it you mean warm the WB a little more? Thanks again for looking and the advice.

Comment

I think that is a cracking shot Adi. another good example of why you should carry that camera at all times, coz you just never know.
        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Its not often you can get that colse to a kestrel and you have made the most of the opportunity

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Opertunity well taken with a wild subject, is the backround just a result of an overcast sky, whatever it works well, like a plate from a illustrative bird book.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkeez View Post
              I think that is a cracking shot Adi. another good example of why you should carry that camera at all times, coz you just never know.
              Cheers David, yeah right there.

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              Its not often you can get that colse to a kestrel and you have made the most of the opportunity

Stan
              Thanks Stan. It's only taken about 4-5 years!!

Originally posted by raymon View Post
              Opertunity well taken with a wild subject, is the backround just a result of an overcast sky, whatever it works well, like a plate from a illustrative bird book.
              Cheers Raymon. Yeah very overcast Sky. Thanks again.

Comment

its almost as if its looking at you and working out whether your eat-a-ble or not.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                  its almost as if its looking at you and working out whether your eat-a-ble or not.
                  Or thinking, what's that prat doing, I've lost my dinner now!

Comment

Working...
                  X