Blashford Regulars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blashford Regulars

We finally had the chance to get out to Blashford today, a quick couple of hours over lunch and whilst there wasn't a lot of exciting stuff about I managed a few shots of the "Regulars". I was quite pleased with these 3 as it gave me a chance to work the 70-300LIS in reasonable light for a change. What do you reckon?

(The Brambling was shot from the hide, the Siskin and Robin in the trees by the Centre)

My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Re: Blashford Regulars

Hi Brian

You must have arrived shortly after I left this morning. They are all nice and sharp but particularly the first two I find the backgrounds distracting. It is a problem in the woodland as most of the birds go straight from the feeders into the trees and back again but they will sometimes use the perches which have been set in the open - I tend to wait for them to land there as they give a much better background

See you tonight

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Good to see you tonight Stan.

Thanks for your input and yes, you are right, the backgrounds are confusing and because of that the pictures may not be "Judge-worthy" but as you must know by now - I like to show my birds in their natural environment, which for most of the time is twiggy and cluttered ('cos that's how the birds survive! )

Its the old argument about whether to always shoot to make the subject "Look the best it can" or to try for a more natural look. I can do the standard, softly diffused background with bird on the stick shots but am more and more moving away from it and trying for the "Environmental setting" (and getting less marks in the comps as a result :tongue: )

Different strokes for different folks I guess
      My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

I like to see the 'Environmental setting' unless you can get the blur through the camera - ie 200 f2.8 - looks more natural.
        ef-r

Comment

All credit to you for going your own way Brian. It's a much harder route to getting a good shot, but you have certainly succeded with the Siskin.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Nice images, # 2 / 3 are my favourites and especially nice , I do not mind the twigs etc, like you say they are part of the natural enviroment of the subject, the backround though seems strange in #1 as a novice I do not know what it is though, high ISO, over cropped?

Ray

Comment

Working...
            X